Borrowing a Hotspot
WHO CAN CHECK OUT A HOTSPOT FROM FCL?
FCL cardholders (age 18 or older) with library cards in good standing (i.e. not blocked due to billed items or expired cards) can check out hotspots. Check outs are limited to one per household.
HOW DO I REQUEST A HOTSPOT?
- Online – Place a hold for a FCL hotspot in the Minerva catalog.
- Phone – Call 207-865-3307 during business hours if you need help placing a hold on a hotspot.
- In-person – Check with the circulation desk to see if a hotspot is available. If not, you can place a hold on one.
CHECKING OUT A HOTSPOT
Prior to checking out a hotspot, you must read the Mobile Hotspot Lending Policy and sign the Mobile Hotspot User Agreement acknowledging proper use of the device and financial responsibility for lost or damaged equipment.
WHAT’S INCLUDED WHEN YOU BORROW A HOTSPOT?
- Franklin T9 T-Mobile hotspot
- Carrying case
- Micro-USB charger
- Instruction sheet
The complete kit will be inspected by staff when it is returned to ensure that all items are present and in acceptable condition.
HOW LONG CAN PATRONS BORROW A HOTSPOT?
- Hotspots may be checked out for one week and can’t be renewed.
- If the hotspot is not returned on or before its due date, wireless service to the device will be disabled.
HOW TO RETURN A HOTSPOT
- Hotspots must be returned in person to library staff at our circulation desk.
- Hotspots CANNOT be returned in a book drop because they could be damaged. If a hotspot is returned in the book drop, the borrower will be charged $25 in addition to any damages/replacement fees.
- When returning a hotspot, verify that it is fully charged and the charger, hotspot, and instructions are inside the carrying case.
- You may return the hotspot to staff during our curbside only hours. Call us at 207-865-3307 when you arrive at the library to drop off your return and staff will give you further instructions.
WHAT HAPPENS IF A HOTSPOT IS LOST OR DAMAGED?
Patrons are responsible for any damage or loss of hotspots or accessories while they are checked out. Replacement costs for lost or damaged items will be charged to the patron as follows:
- Hotspot: $70
- Carrying case: $15
- Charger: $10
- SIM Card: $10
- Processing fee: $5