Above all else, we want to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. In order to do that, we have measures in place that we hope will promote good health for you and for the staff. We know we can count on our wonderful community to follow them.
Due to rising safety concerns, Freeport Community Library is transitioning to CURBSIDE ONLY until further notice. This decision was made by Town leadership and will be assessed weekly – we will reopen when it is safe to do so. The library is keeping the same business hours, which means you can call us, reserve books online or by phone, and do curbside pickup for items that are ready for you during normal hours.
Our current business hours are:
Curbside pickup hours (building is closed to the public)
- Monday 12-5pm
- Tuesday 12-7pm
- Wednesday 12-7pm
- Thursday 12-5pm
- Friday 12-4pm
- CLOSED SATURDAY and SUNDAY
We know this change to curbside only will be frustrating. It’s frustrating for us, too – librarians are helpers by nature, and limiting our one-on-one services has truly been one of the greatest professional challenges we’ve faced. We will miss seeing you here in the library.
We are hard at work creating tools in real-time to make it easier to do more from home. We will continue to provide online events and pickup crafts for people of all ages, and we’re working hard to increase our digital offerings in cloudLibrary and other services. We’ve recently added access to Kanopy, FCL’s new on-demand video streaming service that features independent, international, classic, and documentary films.
Let us know if you need assistance navigating curbside pickup – we’re here to help! If browsing is how you find your books, we can help there, too. We’ve created a resource to help find your next great read. We also have a new form you can fill out if you want staff to make some selections for you.
We’ll be posting pictures of newly arrived items to entice you, in addition to lists of new items in our catalog. See something you like? Request it from the library catalog or give us a call at 865-3307.
Thank you for your support and stay safe!
Your friends at FCL
Curbside Pickup Instructions:
Please note that Curbside Pickup is not for placing hold requests. You should have received notification that your items are ready for Curbside Pickup prior to coming to the library.
Holds may also take longer to be available due to the quarantine period for interlibrary loan items, holidays, and reduced deliveries.
- Reserve items by calling 207-865-3307 or online. If the item you want to borrow is not available at FCL, you can request it from another library.
- Please expect at least 1-2 days or longer before holds are available for pickup. Due to the nature of our library system, the next available copy within Minerva is selected and you may not receive FCL’s copy.
- We will notify you when your items are ready – by email if we have it on file, or by phone if we do not.
- Call us at 207-865-3307 when you arrive at the library.
- We will place your items in a bag with your last name on it and will put it on a table in the pickup area in front of the main door.
- When you collect your items, please practice social distancing while in the pickup area!